Friday, August 31, 2007

The Competition-ing

MothBot and I work in the same very large company. He works across the hall from one of his other good friends and former co-worker. They had an idea for an awesome line of Transformers, despite what would certainly be an EPIC licensing nightmare: Famous cars from T.V. shows. Mothy came to my cube all aflutter with excitement. After laying down the initial concept, he had me aflutter AND atwitter, which is pretty uncommon for me. Then he gave me the five cars he thought would make some of the greatest Transformers in history:

*K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider - Activate Super Persuit Mode, bitches!!!
*The Batmobile - Holy Batmobile, Batman!!
*The A-Team van - I love it when a plan comes together.
*The General Lee - Meanwhile, back at the farm, Uncle Jesse was looking at a tittie mag....
*The El Torino from Starsky and Hutch - *record scratch* Wait...what? Who the hell can identify with the El Torino from S & H? That's a little obscure given the immediate recognition factor of the other four vehicles. Following is an exerpt from this discussion.

Dekx: "Eh...the El Torino is kinda' weak. Nobody knows that car, and if they do it's because of the movie, not the show."

MothBot: "Whatever! It's an awesome car and nobody likes you! You're a horrible person and you smell of all types of cheese and undergarment stains!!"

D: "I would replace that one with The Titanic, Gonzo's R.V. in Trapper John, M.D."

M: "WAAAAGH!! I hate you so much right now!!!"

And on and on like that. Ultimately, I realized that I would have to make a more awesome series of T.V. show cars that would kick Mothy's ass into submission. And so began...

The Lisencing Nightmare

To Be Continued....

No comments: