Monday, October 8, 2007

Hip to the Hop 2.0

Somewhere in the mid 80's, Shawn Brown decided to parody rap music, or John Wayne - maybe both with his novelty song Rapping Duke. I wouldn't wish this song on most of my enemies, except maybe for Dekx. It consists of a lame John Wayne impersonation, tame lyrics and a super annoying hook.
Da haahh, da haahh
Da ha-hahh ha-hahh haahh
Da haahh, da haahh
Da ha-hahh ha-hahh haahh

I'll just link to a youtube video so you guys can hear it for yourself instead of trying to make sense of my typed out crap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bAOnzIu70k
I'm listening to XM The Rhyme on my way home from work, suffer through Rapping Duke and two songs later my man Biggie says,
Remember Rappin' Duke, duh-ha, duh-ha
You never thought that hip hop would take it this far

I'd be all for Biggie refrencing Rapping Duke if he was talking about how he was gonna put some lead in Shawn Brown's ass, but no; it's just mentioned there, right after rattling off great rappers of the 80's that inspired him. Why? Why does the Rapping Duke exist and why isn't someone making Shawn Brown pay for this sin?
I may just hate the Rapping Duke.

1 comment:

Jackwrench said...

That is time I will never have back. I'm not blaming you... I clicked the link... but still.

Shawn Brown must pay. He WILL pay.

-J